Service information this week:
Sunday, December 3
The First Sunday in Advent
Advent Meditation Booklets are available for everyone. If you have not
yet picked one up, make sure to take one as you leave church on Sunday.
Trinity services are STREAMED LIVE on the Trinity Melrose FaceBook page, a public site – a facebook account is not necessary to watch it.
This Week at Trinity
- Morning Prayer is each Monday and Wednesday at 9:00am in the church, either in person OR online at: www.facebook.com/TrinityEpiscopalChurchMelroseFlorida/
- Evening service is at 6:00pm on Wednesdays. Will and Father Tony are providing the music and the service is a sweet service of Eucharist and healing.
- Sister’s Circle meets every Tuesday from 10:0am until noon in the Wicker Room. All are invited to come and knit, crochet, do other crafts or just sit and talk for a time of fellowship.
- Every Tuesday at noon members of our congregation meet with Fr. Tony at Betty’s Pizza for lunch and conversation. This is a fun time of fellowship and everyone is happily welcomed, please join us
- Contemplative Prayer – Friday, December 1 at 6:30pm in the church. Everyone is welcome to come and spend some lovely quiet time with music and prayerwith Our Lord.
- Lake Area Ministries – December 3 is the first Sunday of the month when we take up a collection of food items or financial donations for this community ministry. There is a basket at the back where you can drop off any food items or leave a financial donation in the offering plate noted for LAM.
- Pledge Cards If you haven’t yet turned in your pledge card, you can still drop it in the offering plate or bring/mail it to the office.
- December 9 – Nativity Walk during Merry Melrose
- Lake Area Ministries
- Pack a Sack – school weekend food program
- Boy Scouts Troop 109
- St. Mary’s Mission, Jacksonville
- Rodeheaver Boys Ranch
- Trinity Church, Bermejas, Cuba
- Our Little Roses Orphanage, Honduras
- Mobility Worldwide
- Episcopal Relief and Development
- Melrose Community Outreach
- Melrose Boutique Thrift Shop
- Thanksgiving in the Park
- Snack Packs for homeless people
What’s Happening at Trinity?
Thanksgiving in the Park
Sincerest thanks to everyone who made the 2023 Thanksgiving in the Park such an awesome experience! Wonderful community! Perfect weather. God is good!
Thanksgiving in the Park will be held as usual on Thanksgiving Day, and many who are less fortunate than most of us are looking forward to enjoying a Thanksgiving Feast. If you are able to help set, up, serve or break down, or to make a donation, all hands and funds are very much needed. Thank you for whatever you might be able to do to help. Please call the office for additional information.
On Wednesday afternoon starting at 3:00 we will start cutting up and boxing the desserts and putting tables and other things needed by the doors of the parish hall so they will be ready to take over to the park in the morning. If you would like to donate a pie, cake, brownies or other goody for the dessert table you can bring it to the parish hall on Wednesday so we can get it into the boxes.
We will be setting up in the park starting at 9:00am and the truck with the meals will arrive at 10:00 just in time for us to distribute to the hungry people arriving at 11:00! If you can help with the set up or with giving out meals, that would be a wonderful blessing. If you can help for an hour or just 15 minutes, all gifts of time and smiles are appreciated as are your prayers. Thanks!
Trinity’s Fall Bazaar – November 10-11. There will be wonderful crafts, plants, items which have been refurbished, furniture, jewelry and a wonderful bake sale as well as many other items. On Friday there will be a chili meal available and on Saturday a yummy BBQ lunch.
Please mark your calendar with these future events at Trinity:
The Annual Fall Bazaar – Nov 10-11
Thanksgiving in the Park – Nov 23
Nativity Walk – Dec 9
The Blessing of the Animals will be held in Heritage Park (or on the Veranda in case of rain) on Saturday, October 14, at 10am. All animals (and their owners) are welcome and there will be small treats for the pets as well as cookies for their owners and friends.
We are happy to be able to pack meals for the weekends for some of our local school children who don’t have access to extra meals on the weekends. We have 33 children this school year. Six of our members are helping to fill the bags that are delivered to the Melrose Elementary School every week. There is a pantry just for their food and we pack on Thursday mornings, if you would like to help we work in the parish hall Sunday school room and would be happy to have you with us.
Chicken Dinner and Basket Auction, Saturday, July 15th at noon! Time for our annual chicken dinner & basket auction! $10 for chicken dinner (baked beans & potato salad) AND ice cream sundaes! Baskets are made up by our thrift shop volunteers and/or donated by community members. THIS SATURDAY AT NOON!!!!!
The Good Samaritan Bags which are available in the rear of the church contain a bottle of water and five food items chosen with their nutritional value in mind: Protein bars, fruit roll ups, crackers and peanut butter, oatmeal cookies, and a beef jerky or beef stick are usually included. If you are able to donate any of these items or help with financial assistance it will enable us to keep the ministry active.
ECW will be on hiatus until September. Come and join the happy fellowship when we start up again. At the recent meeting Jeanne Homany was elected our new President and Liz Middleton the new secretary.
Sunday, May 28 – The Day of Pentecost – We invite you to wear red on Pentecost Sunday to remind us of the fire of the Spirit.
ECW Meeting for May will be a picnic lunch on Tuesday, May 16. Meet at the church at 10:30am for the drive to Ginny’s. The picnic begins at 11am.
Furniture Sale – Friday, May 12, from 9am to 5pm, on and Saturday May 13 from 9am until 3pm. We have many amazing items for sale this year and it’s always fun to come, even if you just want to come and see the things we’ve collected during the year.
Easter Sunday is April 9, the day of Resurrection. The service will be held in the parish hall. Following the service we will have finger foods on the Veranda and an Easter egg hunt in the yard for the children.
Sunday, April 2 – Palm Sunday The service will begin on the Veranda with the reading of the Palm Sunday Liturgy. If you are uncomfortable walking, you are welcome to come into the church as you arrive. There will be no first Sunday covered dish since we will have finger foods on Easter Sunday, the next week.
On Sunday, March 26th, Fr. Tony will be away and Fr. Charlie Holt will be here to celebrate Eucharist with us. You may know that Fr. Holt has been chosen by our diocese but not yet confirmed by the House of Bishops, as is required by Canon law, to be the next Bishop of our diocese
SOUP SUPPER UPDATE!
- March 15 – Immanuel Anglican KH
- March 22 – Trinity Melrose
- March 29 – St Mark’s, Starke
Our Annual Meeting will be Sunday, March 12, immediately following the service. We will adopt the budget for 2023 and elect new Vestry members.
Dana Hoffman, Brian McCrea, Liz Middleton, and Lynne Sunderland
Explore the most popular sermon ever delivered! Join us for weekly DVD sessions presented by Dr. Amy-Jill Levine, followed by discussion and activities.
We will share a soup supper, watch and discuss the DVD, and end with the Eucharist.
Lenten Soup Suppers – all are invited to join!
- March 1 – Immanuel Anglican KH
- March 8 – Trinity Melrose
- March 15 – Trinity Melrose
- March 22 – Immanuel Anglican KH
- March 29 – St Mark’s Starke
Annual Pancake Supper, Shrove Tuesday, February 21, 2023, 5-7pm in the Parish Hall. Come and support our scouts!
Blessing Box is ready to receive your blessings and to share with those in need. Please add any non-perishable items to the box any time you have a chance.
Trinity Episcopal Church invites you to a Celebration of The First Annual Feast Day of The Venerable Fr. Fred Yerkes.
The Diocese of Florida and The Episcopal Church will celebrate Sunday, February 5, 2023.
There will be a Holy Eucharist at the 10am church service
Remembrances of Fr. Yerkes and refreshments in Yerkes Hall at 11am
A festive occasion was celebrated with those who came to honor Fr. Fred G. Yerkes with remembrances, stories, and fond memories.
Wonderful recollections were told by those whose lives were touched by Fr. Fred, including teenagers of the era – scouts, choir boys, and many others.
Bishop Howard visits Trinity to celebrate The First Annual Feast Day of The Venerable Fr. Fred Yerkes AND also to confer the title of Canon to the Region on Fr. Tony Powell.
Doing God’s work through Trinity!
During these days of staying at home, there is a way to give remotely: you may give through secure PAY PAL transactions.
1. You may use on-line giving to fulfill your pledge, OR
2. You may wish to make a one-time donation.
If you wish to make a secure payment using
https://www.paypal.com, payments are directed to [email protected], selecting “FRIENDS” and NOT “payment for goods or services.”
Ameris Bank has launched Zelle, a program that will allow you to send money electronically directly into Trinity’s operating account. It’s as simple as downloading an app. If your bank supports Zelle, and most do, the idea would be to give you the option to send your offering electronically. Find your bank here: https://www.zellepay.com/get-started
And as always… Trinity’s mailing address is: PO Box 361 Melrose, FL 32666